Fazer collaborates with many good projects and organizations. Our main target is the work of the SOS Children’s Villages in Finland, Sweden and Russia. We support biodiversity in co-operation with WWF Finland, The Baltic Sea Action Group, The Lake Vesijärvi Foundation and Korkeasaari zoo. We support the status of women in developing countries by co-operating with Women’s Bank. Fazer promotes responsible cocoa sourcing as a member of the World Cocoa Foundation. Themes that are important to us include the physical exercise of children and youth and well-being. Fazer is the main partner of Europe’s biggest school sporting event Stafettkarnevalen.
We will develop our own business in co-operation with different educational establishments.
We want to be part of creating good moments through product donations. When it comes to considering support advertising Fazer’s primary interests lie with targets such as; sports for the disabled, small patient organizations and war veterans.
Where do we sponsor?
We do sponsoring in our home market area around the Baltic Sea. In addition, we participate in projects in countries where our main ingredients, such as cocoa, come from. In addition to country-wide and international initiatives, we have also participated in corporate responsibility related initiatives in those locations where Fazer has facilities. In addition to the metropolitan area Fazer has manufacturing in e.g. Lahti, Lappeenranta and Karkkila.
What we require of our partners
- their operations must suit Fazer’s values
- co-operation in communication, so that the contents and meaning of the partnership can be clearly explained and passed on to our stakeholders
- elements were Fazer can be present and act, sheer advertising is not enough
We do not sponsor
- targets that are in contradiction with our environmental goals
- religiously or politically committed targets
- we may sponsor individual sports or sports teams in exceptional cases