- LTAF (Lost time accident frequency) improved to 4.7, which is better than last years performance (6.5) and ahead of the Group milestone 2020 target, 5.0, leading towards the ultimate goal, 0.0.
- Values & Behaviours discussions were held for engaging all Fazer employees to make our renewed Fazer values – Northern Liberty, True Relationships and Fearless Creativity – become alive in our work, every day.
- Our results in the Fazer Pulse survey improved in every measured area and in all businesses. According to employee feedback, Fazer’s top management has become more visible and increased its presence and availability.
- We increased awareness on diversity and inclusion through Diversity e-learning in Fazer Campus. The course inspired us to challenge our biases and look at the world around us from a new angle.
- Fazer in Russia received a “Made in St. Petersburg” award, with a special recognition of our partnership with SOS Village Pushkin and the substantial donation programme.
- Our energy efficiency improved by 18% from the 2011 baseline. Waste generation decreased due to initiatives in Russia supported by no-return policy for retail, and improved production efficiency in large volume units in Finland.
- Fazer partnered with Baltic Sea Action Group (BSAG) and Reaktor in creating the Farmers’ training platform for regenerative farming. The e-learning was launched in February 2021.
- We introduced Fazer Oat rice, with excellent nutritional value and a smaller carbon footprint than competing products in the category. In Sweden, Fazer Mills won the Food Award 2020 for Oat rice, sold under the Fazer brand Frebaco.
- Systematic internal work was carried out to define sustainable sourcing and to develop related procurement processes.
- We saved tonnes of frozen bakery products originally intended for hotels and restaurants from going to waste by organising a drive-in bakery store for consumers in Vantaa and Lahti, Finland.
- The construction of our new factory that produces xylitol from oat hull and of the adjoining bio-heating facility proceeded according to plan. The new facilities will be operational on in 2021.
- We made a further investment in Solar Foods, which has developed a novel protein ingredient, Solein®. Fazer is now the largest single shareholder in the Finnish start-up.
- A Supplier Code of Conduct implementation programme was initiated and suppliers representing 52% of Fazer’s spend had signed the Code of Conduct by the end of the year.
- Fazer received an all-time high score in the Reputation & Trust survey, with the Financial performance and Products & services dimensions reaching the highest scores in Finland. In Sweden, Fazer remained at the same good level whereas in Russia (St. Petersburg), Fazer’s overall reputation reached an excellent level.