Sustainability governance structure and policies
At Fazer, our continuous sustainability work is managed by the group sustainability team and our sustainability and Quality, Environmental, Health and Safety (QEHS) network, which consists of experts from all our businesses and countries. It is steered by the Environment, Social and Governance (ESG) steering group, established 2021 to give more focus on sustainability and have a clear decision-making forum for these topics. Each of these functions has a clearly defined role and specific responsibilities.
The highest authority in sustainability matters lies with our Board of Directors and the Fazer Leadership Team.
Our efforts are guided by our Sustainability Policy, Human Rights Policy and QEHS Policy, as well as by our governance practices and procedures. Fazer’s Code of Conduct are based on the ten international principles of the UN Global Compact, which we signed in 2012. We are also strongly committed to the implementation of the United Nations’ Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and have defined the ways in which our sustainability work contributes to them.
Board of Directors
- Approves ethical principles
Fazer Leadership Team
- Approves policies and objectives
- Group President bears the ultimate responsibility
- Group EVP, Communications and Sustainability is responsible for sustainability
ESG Steering Group
- Steers projects of ESG programme
- Decision-making body of sustainability topics
- Consists of CEO, Group EVP Communication and Sustainability, and Business Heads
Head of Function
- Approves instructions
Business Areas and Business Units
- Implement sustainability approach and action plans as well as strategic outlines, and set targets and objectives
- Set sustainability focus areas
- Implement instructions, practices, and operating models
- Develops sustainability approach, supports its implementation and reports on its progress
Sustainability Leadership Forum
- Shares information on the ESG projects between businesses and functions.
Sustainability and QEHS Network
- Ensures sustainability alignment within the Group
- Ensures the effective use of resources
- Shares knowledge, know-how and market views in different countries and businesses