In 2021, we updated our Supplier Code of Conduct to better ensure our responsibility in caring for people and the environment. The ethical principles and the Supplier Code of Conduct guide our work in all the business areas and countries of operation.
Fazer's own Code of Conduct and Supplier Code of Conduct include the following areas regarding human rights:
- Fazer treats all employees in a fair and equal manner in accordance with internationally proclaimed human rights. (UNGC 1)
- Fazer respect the rights of indigenous people, vulnerable groups, including, but not limited to - migrant workers, women, children, and disabled people, as well as local communities in connection with Fazer’s activities and operations.
- Fazer does not accept child labour and is strict with not exposing young employees to work that is likely to harm their physical or mental health, safety, morals or education. Fazer follows applicable laws and the rules of the International Labour Organisation (ILO). (UNGC 2,4,5)
- Fazer does not accept, use, or benefit from any forms of modern slavery, including but not limited to forced, bonded or compulsory labour and human trafficking.
- Fazer does not tolerate restrictions of movement, excessive recruitment fees for employees, confiscation of identity documents and/or passports or withholding of wages.
- Fazer respects freedom of association and employees’ rights to collective bargaining. Fazer respects employees’ rights to seek representation and join worker’s councils in accordance with local law and international conventions. (UNGC3)
- Fazer enters employment contracts with all employees and follows applicable legislation, regulations, and collective agreements (where applicable) regarding working hours and wages. All employees are entitled to their own copy of the employment contract and wage statement, which must be written in a language the employee understands.
- Fazer respects the personal dignity, privacy and personal rights of individuals. Fazer does not accept any discrimination, intimidation, verbal, psychological, physical, or sexual harassment, nor abuse/offence at work such as humiliating or physical punishment. (UNGC6)
- Fazer ensures that its employees work in a safe environment.
- Fazer conducts regular employee surveys and development discussions.